Emotions are THE driving force at work / in your business.
Lets talk about Emotions and working with others.
Emotions are THE driving force at work.
Think about it. The work environment is a social setting. Even if you work alone you still have to deal with people, be it your boss, your employees, your suppliers or your customers. But in most of todays successful companies people work in collaborative teams and so social skills are essential.
Skills like sensing others’ needs, persuasive abilities, resolving disagreements, collaborating and communicating effectively help teams strengthen the connections that drive their performance.
Individuals with high EQ build strong, connected teams
– and strong, connected teams go on to deliver exceptional results.
So what’s the EI looking like in your org? Here are some tips of things to look out for when assessing the EI of your workplace.
People With High EI
- Make better decisions and are effective problem solvers
- Keep cool under pressure
- Resolve conflicts effectively and with low drama.
- Have empathy for others and can understand their viewpoint, even if it differs from their own
- Listen, reflect, and respond to constructive criticism, taking it as opportunity to improve and evolve.
People With Low EI tend to
- Play the role of the victim or avoid taking responsibility for mistakes
- Have passive or aggressive communication styles
- Find it difficult to work as a team
- Are overly critical of others or dismiss others’ opinions
Spend some time observing and reflecting on the level of EI within your business and look for where you can increase it. Remember,